Job Description for Operations and Sales Manager in Saudi Arabia – Riyadh based
Platinumlist, the leading entertainment, sports and attractions online and retail ticketing agency in the UAE, is expanding throughout the GCC and is opening an office in Riyadh. The company is looking to recruit an Operations professional to manage large events projects in Saudi Arabia. The post holder will play a key role in developing operational excellence and ensuring the same high standards of quality and service provided in the UAE are replicated in Saudi Arabia as the business grows.
The role represents an excellent opportunity to become a key player in a fast-growing, ambitious company just at the point that the Saudi Arabian entertainment market is opening up and set for phenomenal growth.
Key Job Functions
- Plan for complex event projects including entry, cash sales, HR, training large teams.
- Making sure that your team delivers the project as per clients expectations.
- Planing for big teams and making sure the job is done perfectly.
- Dealing with part time team members.
- Develop relationships with all key government and semi-government bodies involved in the licensing, promoting and regulating of events in Saudi Arabia, in order to ensure a) Platinumlist is considered a best-in-class partner for government events; b) Platinumlist is aware of, and can advise on, all licensing and regulatory issues related to events; c) Platinumlist can advise and influence any changes in government policy relating to events.
- Identify and feedback to the Platinumlist development team any desired/mandatory changes in the Platinumlist product offerings/systems that need to be implemented in the region.
- Recruit, train and manage any staff required in the operational delivery of events in the region including ticketing managers, sales staff, office admin/customer service staff, temporary event support staff, etc. ensuring high standards of delivery of events.
- Manage all aspects of operational delivery of events, including pre-event set up, online sales, on-site sales and access control management, post-event reporting and client management.
- Maintain tight budgetary control of all operational aspects of the project in the region to ensure maximum profitability.
- Develop new products, services and revenue channels appropriate to the region to grow the revenue and profits of the business in Saudi Arabia.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Must have managed some aspects of operational delivery of sizeable events including management of teams. Ideally this experience will be in ticketing/access control, but may be in a related area or in a role demonstrating transferrable skill sets.
- Must have demonstrable experience in managing multiple P&Ls across a range of service-based products.
- Must have demonstrable experience of managing client relationships.
- Must have new business development/sales/sales management experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of team management experience.
- Must have a university degree.
- Experience in managing ticketing of public events. Ideally the candidate should have worked within a ticketing agency in an operational or sales-based role for at least 3 years. However candidates without specific ticketing experience will be considered if the meet the other key criteria.
- Knowledge of the Saudi Arabia sports, entertainment and business-to-business events industry.
- Experience of dealing with and negotiating with government and semi-government bodies in KSA.
- Experience of building client relationships and selling to new potential clients in a service-based industry.
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing sales and operations teams.
- Must be numerate, literate and articulate
- Must be presentable
- Must have a university degree or equivalent, ideally in a relevant topic
- Must be capable of working independently
- Should have a flexible attitude to working hours as the events industry is not a “9 to 5” industry and requires work to be carried out outside normal working hours
- Must be available to travel if required
- Must hold a KSA driving license or international driving license that can be converted easily to a KSA driving license
How to apply
In order to apply please record a video of yourelf answering a question:
Why should we hire you ?
Upload the video to youtube and send a link to the video along with your cv in pdf format to careers(at)platinumlist.net